Monday, July 8, 2019

My New Journey with Blogging!

I am excited to go on a new journey into the world of blogging.  I am actually starting this journey as part of a class I'm taking to earn Professional Learning Units that are required for me to keep my degree valid (a girl's gotta work).

I have a small confession.  At first, I was not thrilled about this at all.  I was like, "Great!  More 'busy work'!" Now, however, I'm really kind of excited.  I mean once I started realizing how cool this "blogging" thing could be for my students, I got more and more excited. 

I'm not sure exactly how it's gonna work yet, but I've been reading up on some things.  I really enjoyed this article by Mark Thomson.  I love that blogging will encourage creativity among my students and allow them to also share with others what they're learning about at school all day.

Stay tuned as more on this unfolds.  If you have any suggestions or tips about how you incorporate blogging into your instruction, please feel free to drop a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of your new blog. I think that your journey will be very fulfilling and successful as you seem to have the right mindset to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so excited to start using this blog with my students. I can’t wait for school to start!

      Delete
  2. Tracyann! This is great. I love the aesthetics as well as content. I am sure there are bloggers out there who just started blogging, then found their specific purpose. You are on your way to success!!

    ReplyDelete